If you have an HTC EVO 4G, then you need to head on over to the Sprint Site, and download yourself some Froyo. That is, unless you're already rooted and using Android 2.2, then you probably don't want to do that. In any event, this post is for everyone who might actually be interested in seeing what the official update has in store for EVO owners.
This update offers:
- Ability to share applications
- Display events and birthdays from Facebook on Calendar
- Use camera LED as flashlight
- New user interface for the FM radio
- Add unknown users in Facebook as friends in Friend Stream
- Photo Gallery supports Facebook comments function
- Send contact as vCard using SMS
- Addition of MMS slideshow editor
- New pre-loaded widgets including Calculator, FM radio, Message list view, Profile settings and Ringtone settings
- Camcorder can use camera flash so video can be shot at night or in low light
- Flash 10.1 support
- Numeric PIN and alpha-numeric passwords to unlock screen
- Search widget and search bar able to switch to search in different types (web, specific application, or all)
- Adjustable alarm volume
- Android Market widget allows installation of applications on SD card
That's right, you finally get Flash 10.1, the new Flashlight feature, and the Android Market widget will let you download applications from your SD card. Awesome, right? You also get new pre-loaded widgets, which hopefully you don't mind at all. There's a new FM User Interface, too. So, if you don't want to wait for the OTA update which starts August 3rd, go check out the download site, and get yourself some new Froyo goodness.
UPDATE: HTC yanked the download not too long after, but if you look around we’re pretty sure there’s a copy floating around.