Google has issued its financial report for the second quarter of the year, ending June 30, and boy is it a doozy. This is the first quarter that Motorola's finances are included with Google's, but the internet giant says that on its own, it enjoyed a 27% increase in revenues year-over-year. When everything is tallied up, Google's consolidated revenue came in at a whopping $12.21 billion, which was a 35% increase from the second quarter of 2011.
That number is likely to make a few investors crack a smile. Of that figure, 90% ($10.96 billion) came from Google, while the other 10% ($1.25 billion) came from Motorola. It's important to remember that Google's buyout of Motorola wasn't finalized until May 22, so if Google had finalized the purchase of Motorola earlier in the quarter, then the company probably would have contributed much more to Google's consolidated revenue.
Google's GAAP operating income for the quarter comes in at $3.44 billion (31% of Google revenues), compared to a GAAP operating income in Q2 2011 of $2.88 billion (32% of revenues). Non-GAAP operating income for the quarter was $3.99 billion, while a year ago it was at $3.32 billion. Average cost-per-click took a 16% decline year-over-year while increasing 1% over the last quarter.
Sadly, we didn't hear too much about the Android platform in today's financial report, with most of the big Android news being delivered at Google I/O last month. All in all, Google is looking great despite paying out $12.5 billion for Motorola last quarter, so we're sure that investors will be pleased with this particular quarterly report.