It's official, Sprint just announced via a press release that the Nexus One will be available on their network soon. Google just released an AT&T and Rogers compatible Nexus One the other day and now Sprint is joining them at the table with their own Nexus. All while the Verizon version has yet to be announced officially.
Like all Nexus One's, this phone will be sold exclusively by Google on their phone site. The Nexus has officially made its way onto all the major US carriers. Let's see how this affects the sales figures now. Google may have made a few mistakes but it looks like their plan is falling into place. There's no mention of this being subsidized by Sprint, so far T-Mobile is the only carrier to offer a discount on this device.
Here are the specs for those of you that have been hibernating all year.
• Google Maps(TM) Navigation: offering turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output.
• Email: multiple Gmail(TM) accounts; universal inbox and Exchange support.
• Phone book: aggregate contacts from multiple sources, including Facebook(R).
• Quick Contacts: easily switch between communication and social applications.
• Android Market(TM): access to more than 30,000 applications.
Hardware features of Nexus One include:
• Display: 3.7" AMOLED 480x800 WVGA display
• Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
• Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
• Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
• Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
• Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
• Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
• Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
• Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
• Personalized laser engraving: Up to 50 characters on the back of the phone
• Trackball: Tri-color notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive
In addition, Nexus One offers new functionality and software enhancements including:
• Enter text without typing.
• Use a voice-enabled keyboard for all text fields: speak a text message, instant message, tweet, Facebook update, or complete an email.
• Tell your phone what you want it to do.
• Search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by just speaking into your phone.
• Take personalization to the next level.
• Dynamic, interactive, live wallpapers react to the touch of a finger.
• More widgets and five home screen panels allow for further device customization.
• Capture camera-quality pictures and video with your device.
• 5 megapixel camera includes LED flash, auto focus, zoom, white balance and color effects.
• View pictures and Picasa Web Albums(TM) in the new 3D Gallery.
• Record Hi-Res MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube(TM) with one click.
• Read your voicemail messages.
• Get transcribed voicemail with Google Voice(TM) integration, without changing your number.