There have been rumors that the Droid Incredible 2.2 update had been stalled over the weekend. It appears that information was incorrect and, the update is still rolling out to several individuals. Verizon is hoping to have all the OTA updates rolled out by 9/3 so sit tight. If you are tired of waiting you can manually install the update with the update.zip direct from Google available HERE. Follow these simple instructions below to get it installed and remember this is for STOCK non-rooted users only.
*Note 1*- This is for stock non-rooted users ONLY.
1. Download the update.zip file from here. (DIRECT FROM GOOGLE.)
2. Drop the file on the root of your SD card. (Meaning, don’t put it in any folder.)
*MAKE SURE IT’S NAMED UPDATE.ZIP!
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT.
5. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
6. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
7. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
8. Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
9. Your phone will now update!
10. It could take some time, so be patient. When it reboots, you are on official 2.2. Yay!
If you have any issues can head over to XDA-Developers and see if you can get your problem resolved.
Speaking of Droid Froyo updates, What about the Droid X 2.2 update? Well supposedly the official version is going through the last testing phases, and Motorola mentioned early September, so hopefully it will not be long at all until the X is eating some of that Froyo goodness also. We will keep you posted.[via Droid-Life]