According to an official Verizon DROID 2 Global update document, system update version 2.4.330 is ready for download. Bringing in a few bug fixes with global calling and some improved audio during voice calls.
The update includes the following:
- Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
- Device no longer indicates “No Service” after powering up.
- Device no longer resets when changing from Global Mode to GSM/UMTS communication.
- Device now refreshes the user interface display when switching from GSM/UMTS to Global Mode.
- Eliminated the blank screen when dialing the call forwarding string *71.
- Improved audio during voice calls.
- Reduced user interface lock-ups.
The update will be available from Verizon here soon. To pull the update, you can navigate to Settings>About phone>System Updates.