Kit Kat is coming for the AT&T branded HTC One Mini. The update, which begins as of today, is arriving as a 658MB file that can be downloaded only using a WiFi connection. Perhaps more important though, AT&T One Mini users will be getting Android 4.4.2 along with Sense 5.5.
Or in other words, AT&T One Mini users will be seeing improvements to the overall user interface as well as to the phone dialer app, lock screen, caller ID, HTC BlinkFeed apps and more. Those carrying a One Mini can sit back and wait for the update notification to arrive and then simply follow the prompts, or take the proactive approach and go looking.
We suspect many will opt for the latter and that means navigating into the settings to get the process started. Otherwise, aside from bumping your handset to 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5, this update will leave your One Mini with software number 3.10.502.3 and with baseband version 1.19.40d.00.14_10.20.40.4408L.
While you are waiting to download that nearly 660MB file -- here is the changelog;
- Improved user interface with Android (4.4 KitKat): The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, enhanced bluetooth and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Caller ID: Whenever a call is received from a phone number not in saved in contacts, the phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
- HTC BlinkFeed app: The new menu gives quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics and includes more news sources.
- New copy and paste options: Copy and paste allows users to share or Google highlighted information.
- New e-mail user interface: E-mail look and feel similar to Gmail and allows in-line editing.
- Camera app from lock screen: Click on the camera app icon on the lock screen for quick access to the camera app.
- Control music from the lock screen: Jump to specific past songs or videos from lock screen.
- Immersive viewing: Immersive mode enables full screen viewing of books, videos, and games.
- New clock interface: The clock now has an enhanced analog user interface.