At the Mobile World Congress happening in Barcelona, Spain next week, expect ARCHOS to unveil a lot of new smartphones and tablets. It's one of the busiest brands today because people, the Europeans especially, want ARCHOS phones because of their dependability and affordability. Aside from the premium Oxygen Android tablets, the French company is also showcasing the new Diamond 2 Note. It's more of a phablet because of the size which means it can very well rival the Huawei Mate 8, Nexus 6P, or the Meizu Pro 5.
The new ARCHOS Diamond Note 2 is not a diamond in the rough. It's one fine smartphone that comes equipped with a unique 6-inch 2K display screen powered by an octo-core processor. It's only priced below £249 ($279) and with the specs, this new mobile device from the French electronics giant can be a smart choice.
This phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box so you don't have to wait endlessly when the next software update will be released. You only have to wait for Android 6.1. With Marshmallow, this ARCHOS Diamond Note 2 will feature Google Now on Tap, Doze mode to improve battery life, and enhanced app permissions. ARCHOS will release the smartphone in May.
ARCHOS Diamond Note 2 key specifications:
• OS: Android 6.0 Lollipop
• Processor: Mediatek 4G octo-core Helio X10 CPU
• Display: 6-inch IPS borderless screen, 2K resolution (2560 x 1440), 490 ppi
• Dimension: 158.35 x 82.7 x 8.7mm
• Weight: 150 GRAMS
• Battery: 3610 mAh, fast charging
• RAM: 3GB RAM
• Storage: 32GB
• 16MP back/rear camera with 4K Video recording
• 8MP front-facing Camera (wide angle 84° BSI sensor F2.2)
• Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, 4G/LTE