Every quarter and every year, AnTuTu releases lists of most popular smartphones for a certain period. First quarter is over and we already learned about the Top 10 Performance Smartphones for Q1 of 2015. The data were based on the AnTuTu app installed on the said devices and numbers were then ranked. As for the Most Popular Android Smartphones category, we reported that Xiaomi 4 was No. 1 followed by Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi 3, and the ASUS ZenFone 5 within Top 5 for the whole of 2014.
For the first quarter, AnTuTu looked into data and the analysis reports and users from all over the globe to see which units are popular in different regions. Remember that numbers were based on what the phones with the AnTuTu app installed have generated so sample may not be representative of the whole mobile population.
Coming out on top is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 followed by the Galaxy S5, Xiaomi HM-Note, LG G3, and Xiaomi 4. Google's Nexus 5, the Sony Xperia Z3, OnePlus, Galaxy Note 3, and the ASUS ZenFone 5 complete the list.
AnTuTu has detailed reports of the rankings in several regions. New countries have been added to include Vietnam, India, and Malaysia. Check out the gallery below to view ranking for the following: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, United States, Russia, South Korea, India, Malaysia, Germany, and Vietnam.
Here are some highlights:
• LG and Samsung are popular in most countries
• Samsung phones are more popular in South Korea for obvious reasons
• Xiaomi Mi4 didn't get any first place ranking in any country
• Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were not included even if the two were in the Top 10 Performance Smartphones report last quarter
• Google Nexus 5 is No.1 in Russia
• Phones analyzed in South Korea are per model and per mobile carrier
• Samsung Galaxy Note 4 beat the Galaxy S5 in most regions
• OnePlus One is No. 1 in India
• All popular phones in China are from Chinese brands except for the Samsung Galaxy S5